Books : Still desperately seeking this horror comic from the 80's (I think)…

Still desperately seeking this horror comic from the 80's (I think)…

I don't know what comic I read it in, but I remember the story vividly for some reason: A beautiful but lonely woman is attending a masquerade/Halloween party at a lavish mansion. She's sitting alone in a large chair, when a handsome gentleman dressed in "period clothing" (from the 20's/30's?) approaches and asks her to dance. Most of the exposition at the story's start takes the form of her thoughts, as she thinks about her strange, new dance partner and whether she's falling in love with him.

At the end of the night, he offers to drive her home, and she comments on how his car matches his costume period-wise. His driving becomes faster and more erratic as she pleads for him to slow down, but he doesn't reply. Suddenly, he crashes into a tree and they are both flung from the car. She survives and crawls to him, thinking him dead ("I've lost you forever!") and he opens his eyes ("Perhaps not, my dear!") He rises and starts dragging her to a cemetery, explaining he died in car crash many years ago and is doomed to repeat it every year, but now that he has her, he "won't be alone" in his cold grave. She pleads for him to stop, saying he doesn't understand.

As they near his grave, suddenly, none other than Dracula appears to claim the woman. She explains to the man that they cannot be together as he wishes because she, too, is one of the undead, as we see fangs in her mouth for the first time. Dracula holds her close and says, "Come, my dear. You know you belong to me." The woman says, "Goodbye forever!" and they both turn into bats and fly away, as the man looks on in disbelief.

It may have been color, but it could be B/W as well. I would love to find this again--online would be fine, but a physical copy of the comic would be amazing. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse.

Re: Still desperately seeking this horror comic from the 80's (I think).

Thanks for the info, but these seem more like Dracula was the main focus of these comics. This would have been a general horror comic book, with Dracula just making a cameo at the end of this particular comic. Thanks, tho!

bump

bump