Our Mother's House : Creepy

Creepy

Spoiler

Creepy hair cutting scene where they accused Gertie of sinning and that she needed to be punished.
All the religious indoctrination these kids went through really screwed with their heads. It is Just how cults are. And the christian one being the biggest one.
They make up their own rules claiming they hear from "god" and it is what he wants.

This film is good. I thought the kids were great little actors.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Creepy

I hear what you are saying.

I've read, listened to the bible. I was a Christian for many years, loved and believed in Jesus. I also lived the church life. Bible based churches.
Over years I became disappointed in what I saw. And quite frankly became very doubtful that The bible was even true. It just started to read as fantasy. And I had Too many things I questioned.
No answers. Even after speaking with pastor. I Fell away, lost faith and just stopped believing. Though Jesus, whether real or not and who he claimed to be is real or not. I think if people followed just what he said and lived life how he did. It would be ok. But they don't and so they give the religion a bad reputation.
I consider myself Agnostic now. I have peace with that. And I don't consider myself a Christian. I do not want to be put in that category.
I can't force myself to believe. And I don't believe I await any kind of eternal punishment which I feel is a cruel threat that people have been making for centuries.
I live my life by the golden rule. Do unto others as you'd want done to you. It's a good way to live.

Post deleted

Thank you for your kind words.
I know I am not perfect either.
I will check out the film some time. I'll put it on my list.

They're just little kids. They're trying to hang on to the scraps of order that they knew in their lives, and of course they can't "do" Christianity all on their own. They remember a few things that they probably never fully understood in the first place (I doubt Mother was so cruel to them when she was alive, but she's not there to guide them anymore) and try to make up some sort of rules for living. They also mix in a lot of very UN-Christian stuff, like quasi-seances to communicate with Mother who's buried in the garden, because they're just trying to create some sense of order and control over their lives.

Flat, drab passion meanders across the screen!

Post deleted

Psmithyyyyy: if anyone is mentally ill here, it is you.