Life or Something Like It : I must be odd or something…

I must be odd or something…

I must be odd bu i truly loved this movie! I don't know if it's because Angelina Jolie was in it or I tend to like every movie I see but I don't know why so many people said bad things about it. One of my favorite parts is when Angelina's character goes to her father and he shows her all the tapes of her. It makes me cry everytime. Please tell me I am not alone in this world.

"We have an agent down!!! We need tampons!!!" lol

Re: I must be odd or something…

no i secretly like this movie. im not a fan of angelina jolie but i am a fan of this movie. i dont know...i just like when shes singing the rolling stones in her like..3 day old pjs with the bus drivers. and even though her hair was fake fake FAKE. it was perfect for the part. dont worry movie luver...im a fan. i wish we werent like..the only ones though.

No I like this movie as well.

i really like this movie too.
if im not sure what to get and im just in the mood to watch a random movie i usually get this.
its one of my favorite angelina movies, and believe or not i think her hair is fun.

conf3.gif mistress! what would i get out of that except a passel of brats?!

sorry.

you are all alone

i liked it overall, it was watchable.

but to be honest, it's too sentimental

I liked it not a lot but I liked it

I'm troubled, I'm brilliant and miserable too
That's why I am so funny

I really liked it actually.

"I rule!" -Lester Burham

This movie is playing on FX right now. I was flipping through channels and this movie was coming on. Then, I got caught up with some computer stuff and the movie kept playing, but it does seem to be a pretty good flick. Tony Shaloub has always been a great actor, in my opinion. The change that Angelina's character goes through is quite intriguing and it is perhaps one of the points that draws me to it the most.

I loveeeed this movie, possibly more so because it was filmed in my hometown, and featured some of the actual reporters.

i loved this movie! one of my favorites. i think it teaches a good lesson. in fact i am writing a paper on it for my lit class right now. ..ugh!

Yeah, I liked this movie too. I like the way Angelina Jolie handled this role.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I loved this movie so much... although i did find myself oddly facinated with Angelina's fingernails in this movie... I don't know why...

i thought it was a good movie too! not the conventional hollywood type of movie. just a nice, feel-good movie.

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." -Kurt Cobain

Sometime the movies you have the lowest expectations for are the ones you love the most. I avoided this film for years, but once I finally saw it, I was very impressed. Say what you want about Angelina Jolie's personal life, but it's hard to deny she's a great actress.

I, too, wrote it off as typical Hollywood fluffy rom com when I saw the trailers. I'm not much of an Angeina Jolie fan, but the different look worked for her in this, making her seem more like the newsperson than if she had had teh usual look.

I watched, rather detached, then I started getting caught up in it. Maybe it's being in the 60s and having far too many regrets. I was surprised when it made me tear up. I agree about when she's watching the videos with her father then the interview, posing the question about regrets. I generally don't like Edward Burns, but he was a bit more appealing in this film.

If I had the chance, I would watch it again.

I like that it was strong on dramatic moments, with light touches. If it HAD been the usual fluff, I'm sure I would have switched over. It was a pleasant, true surprise.

*** The trouble with reality is there is no background music. ***

it's been five years since I've seen this film, so I don't remember many of the specific plot points – just Angelina Jolie's surprisingly captivating performance in this. There is a scene that took me by surprise toward the end of the film where, during an interview, she asks one of her idols whether her efforts were worth it. I was floored by the vulnerability of her character.

I can't say I care for Angelina Jolie as a celebrity – just as I don't care for celebrities in general – but she is able to create unique and endearing characters when the script and director allow it. Unfortunately, much of her talent seems wasted on larger-budget "event" films that don't appeal to me at all. Thankfully, this is a little gem where she was allowed to shine.

We really like this movie. Another one I watched for the cast and didn't hear much about before seeing it, then it's a nice surprise. Angelina does a good job, the story is different, her hair color/style is my only complaint. Like Ed Burns too