Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War : Movies that made us cry

Movies that made us cry

A lot of us say this movie made us cry. Even some who don't come to tears easily. So on the subject, what movies have made you all cry, sob, or hold it back so hard it hurt? For me- Blow, Crash(the i'll protect you daddy part), The Patriot(where Gibsons daughter calls for him not to go, I'm a single dad to my daughter as you might can tell), It's A Wonderful Life, Oh, and the ring part in Schindlers List.

I love an actor whos performance can make me cry. I so apprieciate the art involved in an actors work. Please share.......

Re: Movies that made us cry

Top Gun when his best friend dies

The Last Samurai and Band of Brothers are all I can think of at the moment.

Titanic BoB wasn't sad.

The 1943 Titanic movie. [Not the one with Leonardo De-Craprio] There's this part where the ship is sinking, and an old guy is holding this kid who can't find his mum. They're about to die and the old guy hugs him and says something like, "Don't cry, it'll only hurt for a minute" and .....That's the closest i've come to crying.

The scene at the end of Heat , where Pacino just shot Deniro and he holds out his hand as the music is getting louder and louder and the runway lights flashing in the back . Just a heady sort of scene , also simply the two actors together is tear jerking enough for me.

i agree, band of brothers leaves me an emotional wreck by the end. The interviews are quite incredible, as much as you try, you just can't comprehend what those guys went through.

I watched yesterday anime movie Grave of the fireflies. It made me so sad and I cried and cried so much. The images are still in my head. A must see!

Must agree. Grave of the Fireflies is so well done, and such an intimate story in the midst of titanic events (brother taking care of sister in middle of war), that it has to move you. Also an antiwar movie.

Shinypate the lesser

You Are My Sunshine.

The climactic five minutes of that movie will make me cry whenever, wherever.

A Time to Kill - closing speech by Sammy L's lawyer (can't rememba dude's name), deyym that was sad!

Pursuit of Happyness - The public Toilet scene: i can't see anyone disagreeing here!

Dead Poets Society - I speak for us all!

I'm sure there are others, just can't think of them... Great post though!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Ice Age 1, when Diego comes back...

friday night lights...when tim mcgraw gives his ring to his son

Post deleted

YESSS, Exactly, that guy is awesome. "I will always be in front of you", man, that was like the one of the only things i actually remember of the movie, it was so cool.

Man, so is this one, i hardly ever cry, real life, movies, e.t.c. which is not a good thing in itself, but this film...could feel the emotions round my eye, and scents of tears in ym lower eye lid. I mean i even just the last 15minutes,..........T_T

Only film i've had tears in my eye while watching, is "Champ", when the boys father wins the final boxing match, but dies in the changing room, and he's son is saying "Champ,...Champ" amazing movies,

My vote goes to the following movies:

- Saving Private Ryan (when Tom Hanks dies at the end at the bridge)
- The Green Mile (just when John Coffey the black prisoner is executed)
- Million Dollar Baby (when Hilary Swank gets paralysed and wants Clint Eastwood to put her to death)

Hope some of you agree with my votes. :)

I second Grave of the Fireflies. When I first started watching anime I never knew it could ever bring me to tears.

Million Dollar Baby also got me a little choked up. They just poured on the dramatics at the end...I couldn't help it!

the Last samurai, this movie, its a wonderful life, and thats all i can get right now. i remember there was a list for the most inspiring movies (COP OUT!!!). some of those might have made me cry, i don't remember.

green mile (when that french guy and jesusman die)
house of flying daggers (when a girl leaning on your shoulder starts to cry its hard not to)

This film makes me cry every time i see it

The Better You Look The More You See

I found EMPIRE OF THE SUN very sad

"I found EMPIRE OF THE SUN very sad"

HELL YEAH!

Especially the part where he says he can't remember what his paents look like and the end.

Christian Bale is THE best actor.

I can't go through Tae Guk Gi without crying
Forrest Gump is another one
Mask is another real sad one (One with Cher, not the dumb one)

There are a couple others that dont come to mind =\

When will this smiley war end!?

The Elephant Man

Lion King is the only movie that ever made me cry. I was a child at the time but when the dad dies its still sad as hell

As a kid, the Diary of Anne Frank was pretty sad. I shed a few tears in The Passion of the Christ too.

Very few movies make me cry but here's my list

Oseam- Korean animated film. The ending was soo sad. It was the first movie that made me cry ever (and it turned out to be an animated film at that)

Memories of Matsuko- omg... its so sad.. her life is so miserable and she's so innocent that it makes you cry

May 18- the new korean movie that came out. It's about the May 18th Gwang Ju massacre in korea. It's a faction movie (stories like titanic, fictional stories based on real events) yeah it almost made me cry..

very few make me choke up. but the one that got me (and i think i aint alone) is united 93. great film.

pokemon the first movie, when the pokemon and their clones are beating each other up and the brother song is playing

Oh yea, lol, dude that freaking brought tears to my eye as well, just the part where pikachu was trying to revive ash, and the other pokemons were crying T_T
T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T

i remember bawling to that part when i first watched it

"i can't believe no one's mentioned The Shawshank Redemption ...

im not usually into happy endings but that movie just couldn't have ended any better."

Couldn't agree more, I thought they were gonna do what every 'arty', or critically acclaimed film does, and have a really sad ending.

Happy endings never bore me.

Generally in korean movies :P
My sassy girl (this was the first that i cried a lot)
A Moment to Remember
Daisy
Failan
BoW, but only a little at the end.

And also in
Artificial Intelligence
Leon
Gladiator and Braveheart

I don't remember more

Ernest Goes to Jail, when his friend decides to stay in prison. Hey, I was only eight years old!

roma citta aperta (three times), lilja 4-ever, todo sobre mi madre, taegukgi.

i can't believe no one's mentioned The Shawshank Redemption ...

im not usually into happy endings but that movie just couldn't have ended any better.

I usally don't cry, while watching films. These two made me cry really hard though. Makes me wonder if I have something special with my father without knowing it...:

- La vita e bella
- The Return

'To end all wars' made me cry, is very emotional.

Braveheart - "freeeeeedooooom!"
how can you forget that.. the music in the background adds to the emotion.

Life is Beautiful
The Lives of Others
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
American History X
Motorcycle Diaries
Cinema Paradiso
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Hurray for being an emotional guy :D

Post deleted

hmm alot of movies made me cry, crying is great its the only way we can empathize wit horrific events. i cried in tae guk gi when i first saw it. and my second time too at the scenes where ppl died like when the brother shot all the north korean surrendees after the 100 ppl slaughtered village. also end

i cried in schindlers list at end and the red gurl walkin thru the streets. cried in hotel rwanda esp at the end very impactful i was crying for the world at that scene really. lotta movies

Spoiler alert!!

You guys will probably laugh at me for mentioning these films, but The Fox and the Hound and Brother Bear were two movies that made me cry. A lot. The part in the Fox and the Hound when the old lady drives the fox to the forest to let him go, but the fox doesn't know it yet until she finally does the deed. That was pretty sad. And at the end when the fox and the hound know they can never be together as friends again like they were when they were young. "Well always be friends forever, right?" -- "Yeah, forever...." damn that gets me going everytime.

In Brother Bear, when Koda and Kenai trade their horror stories, and at the end when Kenai is fighting with his brother. Koda sees Kenai transform back into human form and starts to make these whining noises. Kenai realizes he must look after Koda to atone for his sins and transforms back into a bear. That scene got me the most. I've seen this a few times and I always cry at this part.

I'm not much of a Disney fan, but these two films made me cry. I didn't cry watching Lion King, and I think Brother Bear was a better film IMHO

Bambi when I was like 7 years old. Recently the only thing that's made me cry is an anime called Elfin Lied.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Platoon! The part where Elias (Dafoe) is shot down in a rain of bullets whilst trying to flee the viet cong...

This and American History X are about the only two that really get me.

as a kid it was: Transformers the movie (animated) when optimus prime dies

Saving Private Ryan: Both parts with the medic, when he talks about his mom in the church, and when he dies...

Empire of the Sun: Bunch of times

Forest Gump: when Bubba says he wants to go home and then dies

Iron Giant: ending when he says super man

Rush More: when Bill Murray makes that face when he finds out that Max's dad isnt a Dr.

The Truman Show: end when he says his one line, " if i dont see you later... good more good evening and good night" or something like that

lots more i probably teared up watchin...im sure

"youre a bunch of slackjawed *beep*

I'm a bit of a sap when it comes to films. The one that comes to mind now is Man on Fire, at the end where Pita and Creasy reunite on the bridge. Overlay Lisa Gerrard's unreal vocals, and I'm helpless keeping my eyes dry.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Schindler's List, that one makes me cry every time I watch it :(

Brotherhood of War - when Jin-seok fights his brother at the end and also the very end where old Jin-seok tries to talk to his dead brother's remains.
Oldboy - in the end when Mi-do hugs Oh Dae-su and says "I love you, Oh Dae-su" as she cries, and then a beautiful music track starts. I just love that scene so much! and also the scene where Woo-jin is in the elevator and we see the scene in which his sister dies.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - In the end when "Everybody's gotta learn sometime" plays, so sad :(.
Donnie Darko - When Gretchen dies and also in the end when Donnie dies and the song "Mad World" plays.
Mystic River - When Dave admits to Jimmy that he killed his daughter even though he didn't and Jimmy stabs him.
Requiem for a Dream - When Harry wakes up and sees that he's lost his arm, when the old ladies sits on a bench outside the hospital, crying after having seen Sara.
The Prestige - When Alfred Borden is in jail and he talks his brother telling him to live his life for both of them.
Pan's Labyrinth - In the end when Ofelia get's shot