Oliver & Company : Is there anyone who cried during the 'Good Company' montage?

Is there anyone who cried during the 'Good Company' montage?

I did.

I am a 23-year-old man, and come February, I will be 24-years-old. I've known this song for almost all of my lifetime, ever since I was like 3 or 4 years old. My earliest memory of it was when it was featured on Disney's Sing Along Songs: Fun With Music, which first came out in 1989, one year after this movie's original release. "Good Company" was one of two Oliver & Company songs featured on that tape, "Why Should I Worry?" was the other.

Recently, I rediscovered this film, and if there's one thing that scene has never done before, it's bring tears to my eyes. It's so sweet and innocent. I mean, how can anyone not adore this entire 2 minute and 56 second scene? The entire scene is just so beautifully directed and animated from start to finish.

If you ask me, this scene is right up there with the final scene from Toy Story 3, as the most heartwarming moment in a Disney and/or Pixar film.

Re: Is there anyone who cried during the 'Good Company' montage?

No, but I could've flowed tears of joy when Oliver and Jenny were becoming good friends.:)

Sonic will be hearty forever.
"Mom, could I get one of these?" - Little Girl

That part always teared me up a little, but if you ask me, the scene in Dumbo where he goes to visit his (unjustly) chained and locked up mother is one of the most sad/touching Disney moments. I don't even like Dumbo as a film that much, but that part always gets me.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Fun With Music has always been my favorite Sing-Along Songs video in my collection! :D And while I don't recall ever literally crying during that song, it's definitely a sweet and affecting scene that could get ya misty-eyed. :)

"Baby Mine," now THERE is tear-jerker!!

I sure do, every time it gets to the point where Jenny gives Oliver his collar and the music swells and he jumps into her arms. I cry every time!

Dragonzord! Mastodon! Pterodactyl! Triceratops! Saber Toothed Tiger! Tyrannosaurus!

I'm 22 and it makes me cry like a baby as well I think as adults we are even more touched by this scene because we realize we've lost that innocence and also that this kind of love is extremely rare. What they share seems so pure, so in-synch. It's truly beautiful. I definitely want my kids to grow up on films like this.

Oh, Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Yes!! I think that is why I had my parents buy me the Fun with Music video, because that song was on it, I bet they still have it. I'm 33, so I was ten, loved "Oliver and Company", "Lady and The Tramp" and "Robin Hood" around that time. Also, liked "The Rescuers", talk about a movie that makes me cry like a baby.

It is an emotional happy moment but not quite a tearjerker like say Grave of the fireflies.

However during my Grandma's funeral about 2 years ago i had this song in my head during that and thinking of the good times i had with her.

You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN-The Joker on Batman TAS

Let me tell ya, I used to HATE the song "Good Company", but now, I've learned to appreciate it, even if it does give "Tastes Like Diabetes" vibes.

When I first watched this movie, I was about twelve or so (I'm 28 now), and I started watching it about halfway through due to going to a friend's house and were watching it already. At the end where Jenny is looking at Oliver, hoping he's alive (because Oliver gets thrown), and right there I started to get all teary-eyedand I wasn't the only onemy friend's mom started crying, too. The only true time I ever cried during a movie

Which brings me to when I got around to watching the first part of the movie. At the end of "Once Upon a Time in New York City" where Oliver is all alone trying to get somewhere dry, and ends up falling asleep on the Ryder truck tire, that got me crying again! I know it's fictional, but dammit, I hate seeing cats being abused and neglected (other animals, too, but the feeling is strongest with cats). I like the movie, I just can't watch it because the water works will start!

The great Nathan demands you to bow down to him!

I love that scene. I didn't cry at it but I did cry at Once upon a time in New York City. All the songs in Oliver and Company are wonderful.